Electrocution is no joke

Last October, a 12-year-old was electrocuted and killed at a Georgia athletic complex when reaching for a ball he touched a fence that was “live” due to a nearby electrical wiring problem.

Then last week a baseball coach and his wife were electrocuted and killed, and their son injured, in Liberty County, FL. According to an article by Tori Schneider in the Tallahassee Democrat, “Coach Crum was operating a boom lift, and unloading a piece of equipment from a trailer when the boom of the lift made contact with overhead power lines,” the press release said. “This electrified the boom lift electrocuting Coach Crum. The coach’s wife then attempted to aid him, and was also electrocuted. Their son also attempted to help the two, and he was electrocuted and injured.”

Read more here